I am now a research scientist focusing on computer vision and its deployment. I have obtained PhD degree in MIC lab at Shanghai Jiao Tong University (SJTU),
under the supervision from Dr. Qian Wang and Dr. Dinggang Shen.
Before that, I got my Bachelor degree at School of Instrumentation and Optoelectronic Engineering from Beihang University (BUAA).
My research interests lie in Computer Vision, and Coordinate Transformation. Especially, I am
focusing on detection, segmentation, registration and synthesis using various learning algorithms (CNN, GAN, VAE, Transformer, Diffusion etc.) to advance the living (e.g., healthcare, autonomous driving) experience in real world.
News & Updates
- [2022/10/05] One paper is accepted to Medical Image Analysis.
- [2022/05/04] One paper is accepted to Medical Image Analysis.
- [2021/12/16] One paper is accepted to NeuroImage: Clinical.
- [2021/12/16] One paper is accepted to IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging.
- [2021/11/07] One paper is accepted to IEEE Transactions on Cybernetics.
- [2021/09/10] Two papers are accepted to give oral report by MLMI 2021.
- [2021/06/12] One paper is accepted to MICCAI 2021.
- [2021/05/21] Happy to announce I passed my PhD thesis defense today. Looking forward to the future.
- [2021/03/23] I have completed my PhD pre-defense which lasted for two hours.
[2020/09/22] I am awarded National Scholarship (in Ph.D. student group).
Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Shanghai, China (Sep. 2016 - June 2021)
Ph.D. of Biomedical Engineering, School of Biomedical Engineering
- Thesis: Generative model based medical image registration
Beihang University, Beijing, China (Sep. 2012 - Jun. 2016)
Bachelor of Information Engineering, School of Instrumentation and Optoelectronic Engineering
- Thesis: Heart rate and heart rate variability measurement using face videos
- Overall performance ranked:
Univerity of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, North Carolina, United States (Jan. 2019 - April 2020)
Univeristy of Oulu, Oulu, Finland (Feb. 2016 - Aug. 2016)
National Sun Yat-sen University, Kaohsiung, China Taiwan (July. 2013)
||Recurrent Tissue-Aware Network for Deformable Registration of Infant Brain MR Images
Dongming Wei, Sahar Ahmad, Yuyu Guo, Liyun Chen, Yunzhi Huang, Lei Ma, Zhengwang Wu, Gang Li, Li Wang, Weili Lin, Pew-Thian Yap, Dinggang Shen, Qian Wang
IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging (TMI), 2021.
|| SLIR: Synthesis, Localization, Inpainting, and Registration for Image-Guided Thermal Ablation of Liver Tumors
Dongming Wei, Sahar Ahmad, Jiayu Huo, Pu Huang, Pew-Thian Yap, Zhong Xue, Jianqi Sun, Wentao Li, Dinggang Shen, Qian Wang
Medical Image Analysis (MedIA), 2020.
Synthesis and inpainting-based MR-CT registration for image-guided thermal ablation of liver tumors
Dongming Wei, Sahar Ahmad, Jiayu Huo, Wen Peng, Yunhao Ge, Zhong Xue, Pew-Thian Yap, Wentao Li, Dinggang Shen, Qian Wang
International Conference on Medical Image Computing and Computer-Assisted Intervention (MICCAI), 2019.
|| Unpaired MR to CT synthesis with explicit structural constrained adversarial learning
Yunhao Ge*, Dongming Wei*, Zhong Xue, Yiqiang Zhan, Xiang Zhou, Qian Wang and Shu Liao (*=equal contribution)
IEEE International Symposium on Biomedical Imaging (ISBI), 2019.
Systems and methods for image processing
Shu Liao, Yunhao Ge, Dongming Wei
US Patent App. 16/729,303
|| Deep morphological simplification network (MS-Net) for guided registration of brain magnetic resonance images
Dongming Wei, Lichi Zhang, Zhengwang Wu, Xiaohuan Cao, Gang Li, Dinggang Shen, Qian Wang
Pattern Recognition (PR), 2020.
Morphological Simplification of Brain MR Images by Deep Learning for Facilitating Deformable Registration
Dongming Wei, Sahar Ahmad, Zhengwang Wu, Xiaohuan Cao, Xuhua Ren, Gang Li, Dinggang Shen, Qian Wang
International Workshop on Machine Learning in Medical Imaging (MLMI, Oral), 2019.
Intern & Work Experience
Huawei Co., Ltd., Hangzhou, China (July 2020 - Sep. 2020)
- Position: Research Intern
- Project: Multi-modal image fusion
- Position: Research Intern
- Supervisor: Dr. Dinggang Shen
and Dr. Zhong Xue
- Project: Unpaired Image Synthesis with Adversarial Learning
March 2021 Outstanding Graduate of Class 2021 at Shanghai Jiao Tong Unviersity top 5% over the university
Sep. 2020 National Scholarship (for Graduate), (highest honor for graduates) top 1% nationwide
- July 2016 Outstanding Graduate of Beihang Univeristy, (highest honor for graduates) top 5% in Beihang University
- Oct. 2015 Samsung Scholarship (for Undergraduate), top 2% in Beihang University
Reviewer of the following journals/conferences:
Medical Image Analysis (MedIA)
IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging (TMI)
IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering (TBME)
Pattern Recognition (PR)
Computerized Medical Imaging and Graph (CMIG)
MICCAI 2019, 2020, 2021
ISBI 2021, 2022
MLMI 2020, 2021
Last update: Feb. 21, 2022